The Instructional Paraprofessional is responsible for the assisting teachers in implementation of individualized skill acquisition and behavior reduction treatment programs for learners enrolled in the day education program.
• Under guidance and direction of the classroom teacher, assists in reinforcing instructional and treatment programs.
• Assists with the arrival and dismissal of students.
• Monitors and assures the safety of students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, etc.)
• Assists in collecting, summarizing, reporting data and evaluating students.
• Assists in the management of assigned students throughout the school day.
• Contributes to development of instructional and treatment programs.
• Responds to and reports emergencies/injuries as per Alpine Learning Group policies and procedures.
• Attends staff meetings, pre-service training, and in-service training sessions
• Engages in professional development opportunities (conferences, etc.).
• Recommends materials, equipment, and supplies.
• Assists in proper maintenance of classroom, other areas of the facility, and grounds by informing administrators of any issues.
Experience working with learners with disabilities (preferred)
Experience working with children (preferred)
Valid driver’s license
Be of good moral character
Ability to successfully complete the Alpine Learning Group training program
Good communication skills
Facility with educational technology (e.g. tablets, computers)
Ability to work with diverse individuals and needs
Compliance with Federal, State and NJDOE Personnel Code requirements, including but not limited to Mantoux TB test, Criminal History. Motor Vehicle Review, Citizenship Status
Alpine Learning Group, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or other factors prohibited by law for all applicants, students and staff.
Pre-Application for the "Instructional Paraprofessional" position